Hello everyone! Today’s post is perfect because I’m feeling especially warm and fuzzy and thankful! My husband and I just got home from a trip to Hawaii – awesome right?? He was asked to judge some marching band shows and I tagged along. We haven’t been away together for years so it was lovely. Even though he had some work we both relaxed quite a bit – it takes some time for us to really decompress. It was WONDERFUL. Usually we’re the types to go go go on vacations but this was just what we needed.

I’m SO happy to be home though and feeling incredibly grateful that we got to experience the trip. These thankful projects are really resonating with me right now, more than usual. They are some great ways to count your blessings and involve the family and kids.

I’ve seen many thankful trees over the years but this one has such a pretty natural look:

8192336894_de531639dd_o

(source)

LOVE the little chalkboard wood labels – those would be lovely on a Christmas tree too! (Or used for a Christmas countdown!)

Speaking of trees, I love this idea too – making a big one on the wall with leaves:

P1010947

(source)

The kids take the leaves from the bottom and write what they’re thankful for, then fill up the top of the tree. So cute. If you don’t have a craft cutter I’m sure you could find the paper leaves at craft stores.

This little turkey craft is so adorable:

turkey-printable-7

(source)

The kids write on each feather and fill him up – too stinking cute!

I thought this one was cute too:

1-thanksgiving-turkey-thankful-kleenex-box-kids-craft

(source)

She includes a free printable for those thankful cards as well! Turkey turkey!

This printable can be customized with the kid’s fingerprints:

IMG_0157

(source)

Or you could have the whole family join in when they come for dinner. I’d frame that and keep it up all year!

I LOVE this idea! Use an inexpensive drop cloth for a tablecloth:

IMG_3208-1024x682

(source)

And then get different colored sharpies and have the family write what they’re thankful for (make sure they date it!). Keep it and have everyone add to it every year. LOVE!

This is a similar idea I thought was cute:

thanksgiving-table-runner

(source)

It would be adorable to see the “turkeys” grow over the years. :)

This is another cute project that would be pretty easy to do with the kiddos:

thankfulness-wreath-with-gold-dipped-leaves-22

(source)

You could take the leaves off and make new ones every year, or just add to it! So cute!

I love all of these and most of them look pretty easy! I’m always trying to think of ways for us instill thankfulness in our son and if it’s fun for kids I think they grasp it even more.

I know Christmas is already everywhere but I’m not all in just yet. I’m starting to get the itch to work on a few projects though, so stay tuned for those soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top