Hello my friends! Hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you!

I’ll be sharing more of our Christmas decor next week but I had to laugh as I talked with fellow blogging friends earlier this week. We all shared photos of our houses “behind the scenes” and it always makes me feel so good to know I’m not the only one who doesn't have it all together.

Blogging is a double-edged sword – you want to inspire and show pretty spaces but those pretty spaces can also create an unrealistic image of how we actually live. I have always tried to share how we live day to day with you, or real life you could say. Honestly, sharing these pictures is one of my favorite things about blogging. Nobody has it all together. Well…maybe a few, but not many people I know. :)

I took these photos after I finished taking the “good” shots for the tour of our family room and kitchen earlier this week. Our crazy-A cat knocked a container full of pebbles off the island the morning I took pictures. And it stayed till that night – you just couldn’t see it:

Oh yeah, and the spilled wax on the floor and trash sticking out of the compactor is a nice added touch. :)

Our kitchen island still looks like this:

Instead of this: 

beadboard kitchen island

Because we had to pull it out during the renovation and all that pretty beadboard had to come out with it. :( I haven’t fixed it yet because the island will be expanded next year when I tackle the kitchen reno.

The living room was my dumping zone:

Not pictured are the two trash bags I ended up filling with STUFF from around the house that I just didn’t want to deal with. They are currently in the garage and have been since Monday. ;)

The mud room was piled high too:

Everything but the paint cans is gone now, so the good news is we can walk through there now. Yay for ME!

This shot is one of my favorites in our family room:

graphite paint color dresser

And that strategically placed paper weight hides a spot where one of the cats got sick on the dresser:

Cat puke is a normal thing around here (we have an old kitty that needs steroid shots because he gets sick frequently). I’ve never had it eat away at paint though!

So yeah…I never want to give the impression that my house always looks like it does in the pictures. It’s always a warm, welcoming place but it’s usually not picked up and there’s ALWAYS something piled up or not done. Always. It’s just normal. :)

I do love looking at pretty pictures but even as a blogger it gets overwhelming at times. The good thing is I spent all day yesterday cleaning for a party and now our house is all picked up and clean…I should take some pictures. ;)

Have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top