Making Christmas sparkle is not a difficult task.  There's the little things you add to your home decor, there's music and family and friends. All you have to do is sit back and make enough time to actually enjoy it. It is too easy to get caught up in the frenzy of shopping and preparation.  I'm a fast forward kind of person, but lately I put the breaks on at Christmas, and make  every effort to notice all the small things.

 the sparkle of light on an iridescent wreath; the contrast of shape and colours

 pleasing colours in a gift from a friend who knows me well

 the reminders of great dinners with friends

 a flower that inspired my first series in art

a  reminder of a trip to Ottawa where I actually got lost in an Ikea store

twigs from my daughter's garden

  the lamp I spent two years looking for, greenery from my garden, my husband's guitar he made 

music from my sister

 a gift from a friend who has moved to the opposite side of Canada

 finding small pieces of slate and turning them into unique Santas

 my son's ornament collection one for every Christmas, laid out for his nieces to play with, the odd guy playing the guitar is a  mummer, part of Newfoundland tradition


new  candles waiting for friends to arrive

 
my granddaughters

grimy fingerprints

and even the snow falling outside.

What puts sparkle in your Christmas?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top